104: Indian Financial System
UNIT-I (16 Marks)
Financial system; meaning, concept, basic functions, financial system and economic development, component of financial system
UNIT-II (16 Marks)
Financial markets; classification of financial markets, money market- its constitutions, functions of money market, money market institutions.
Capital market- primary market, secondary market, functions of capital market, methods of issue of stock in primary market.
UNIT-III (16 Marks)
Financial Institutions; Banking and non-banking financial institutions, distinction between banking and non-banking financial institutions; structure of banking in India, commercial bank, co-operative bank, rural bank- their features, types of non-banking financial institutions.
UNIT-IV (16 Marks)
Financial Instruments and services – concepts and characteristics, features of various financial instruments, emerging financial services-leasing, hire-purchase, merchant banking, depository, credit rating, mutual funds.
UNIT-V (16 Marks)
Regulatory framework; overview of regulatory framework of financial system, functions of RBI, SEBI – objectives, scope of Securities Contract (Regulation) Act 1956, relevant provision of India Companies Act 1956 in regard to securities market.
1. Indian Financial System, M.Y. Khan, The McGraw Hill Companies.
2. Financial Institutions and Markets, Structure, Growth and Innovations, L.M. Bhole, The McGraw Hill Companies.
3. The Indian Financial System, Markets, Institutions and Services, Bharati V. Pathak, Pearson Education.
4. Banking Theory and Practices, K.C. Shekhar, Lakshmy Shekhar, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
5. Indian Financial System –P.N. Varshney & D.K. Mittal –Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.