303: Corporate Accounting
Total Marks: 80
Unit - I: Final Accounts 20
Final accounts of a joint stock company (both Horizontal and Vertical Format) with necessary adjustments.
Unit - II Incentive Equity Stock and Buy Back: 20
Issue of right and bonus shares - requirement as per the Companies Act. – advantages and disadvantages of issue of right and bonus shares, calculation of rights; accounting entries; Employees Stock Option Scheme (ESOP) and its accounting treatment; Buy back of shares and its accounting treatment.
Unit – III Issue and Redemption of Debentures: 20
Issue of debentures; accounting treatment of expenses and losses on issue of debentures; Redemption of debentures-sources of funds; Redemption of debenture- Redemption on a specified date by paying lump sum, Redemption in installments, Redemption by purchase in the open market and Redemption by conversion into shares.
Unit - IV Amalgamation of Companies: 20
Meaning and objectives; Relevant provisions on amalgamation as per Accounting Standard 14; amalgamation in the nature of merger and purchase; Consideration for Amalgamation; Accounting entries for amalgamation and preparation of Balance Sheet after amalgamation.
1. Corporate Accounting - S. N. Maheshwari, Vikash Publishing House, New Delhi.
2. Advanced Accounting Vol. II by A. Sehgal & D. Sehgal, Taxmann Publication, NewDelhi.
3. Corporate Accounting by Hanif and Mukherjee, Tata McGrow Hill.
4. Advanced Accounting - V. K. Saxena, Sultan Chand & sons.
5. Corporate Accounting - H.C.Gautam & B. B. Dam.
6. Corporate Accounting - K. R. Das, K. M. Sinha and S. Kuri.
7. Auditing and Assurance – Versa Ainapuri, PHI Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
8. Contemporary Corporate Accounting, T P Ghosh Taxman.
9. Advanced Accounts- M.C. Shukla, T.S. Grewal, S. Chand & Co., New Delhi