1. Human Resource Management: Concept, nature, scope, functions and significance of HRM, organization and structure of Personnel Department, Role and status accorded to Personnel Department. Professionalization of HRM in India. Dimensions of HRM policies, Present status of HRM in India.
2. Procurement of Personnel : Manpower Planning: Determination of the quality and quantity of personnel, Job-Analysis, Job-Description and Job-Specification.
Recruitment: Sources of recruitment and their evaluation.
Selection: Selection techniques, Induction and Placement, Promotion, Transfers, Demotion and Discharge
3. Training and Development: Nature, Objectives, Significance and principles. Determination of training needs, methods of training and development and their evaluation. Performance Management: Nature, Objectives and methods of Performance Appraisal, Errors in Performance Appraisal, Potential Appraisal.
4. Compensation and Remuneration: Significance of wage and salary administration, Factors determining wage levels. Job-evaluation, objectives, methods, determination of wage-structure, methods of wage- payment including incentive plans. Employee benefits and services. Financial and Non-financial benefits.
5. Job Satisfaction and Discipline: Factors relating to job-satisfaction, importance, measures to increase it. Employee Morale Development theory and policy factors, measurement of morale. Disciplinary problems, causes of indiscipline, disciplinary action and its procedure, McGregor’s “Hot Stove Rule”.
1. Edwin B Flippo: Personnel Management
2. Pourl Pigors and A Mayers: Personnel Administration: A point of method Personnel Management