Meaning of Resume
A resume is a selective record of one’s professional and educational achievements like formal education, work experience, qualification, and abilities and so on. While defining resume Pauley and Riordan write: “your resume is a one-page document that summarizes your skills, experiences and qualification for a position in your field”. Often the term like curriculum vitae and bio-data are used synonymously for resume. The word bio-data refers to biographical details of somebody. It may include information about one’s background, educational qualifications, skills, abilities, hobbies, interests and other particulars of the like nature where a resume refers precisely y to one’s professional skills and educational qualifications, work experience and other relevant information which justify one’s claim to a job in question. It highlights a person’s fitness or suitability for a job he/she is seeking for.
Essential features of a powerful resume: Here are some essential features of a good resume:
1. Well organized: It should be well organized and integrated to present one’s career aspirations in the field, and showing interest in the offer, as a part of accomplishment of long term career objective.
2. Short and Precise: It should be written in short sentences and Paragraphs.
3. Unique: Giving generalized details won't help much. By creating a unique resume dealing with organization specific requirements, one can attract employer’s attention. It needs to cover all remarkable academic achievements to create an extra advantage.
4. Authentic and realizable: It is disastrous to give imaginative or highly unrealistic details. One must offer relevant and realizable things to figure out his skills in the field to provide effective and efficient services. Thus, while building resume it is necessary to be realistic and concrete.
5. Justifiable: Resume should be clear and justifiable, covering essential details about work excellence, and internship projects completed. For example, if you are applying for customer service position, you can go through customer service resume objective examples to design the most effective objective, showcasing your talent at handling customer service and customer relationship management functions.
6. Crispy and attractive: One should Create a resume to cover his internship experiences at dealing with relevant functions, and build effective coordination between his career aspirations and the field requirements.
7. Professional: It should be reflecting one’s professional attitude to solve the work associated queries and problems. Hence, it is necessary to incorporate an objective statement, which will satisfy the employer's interest.
8. Avoid unnecessary Information: Any personal information which is not directly related to the job target should not be included.