Total Marks: 80
Time: 3 Hours
1. (a) Write true or false:
(i) Creating customers means exploring and identifying the needs and requirements of customers.
(ii) Product differentiation and market segmentation are same.
(iii) Test marketing is normally the last step in the development process before a new product is launched either at regional or at national level.
(iv) Order processing is the component of physical distribution mix.
(v) The modern concept of salesmanship is based on the ideas of profits.
(b) Fill in the blanks with appropriate words :
(i) Packaging facilitates product _____.
(ii) A brand is a/an ___ that act as a means of communication.
(iii) Label helps in avoiding the ___ confusion.
2. (a) What are the difference between marketing and selling? Discuss the importance of marketing in modern business.
(b) What are the elements of marketing mix? Discuss the variables of product mix of an organization.
3. (a) What are the various steps of buying process? Discuss the psychological determinants of consumer behaviours.
(b) What are the benefits of market segmentation? Discuss the factors which contribute in the success of segmentation.
4. (a) What is group stage of product life cycle? What strategies marketing houses follow to keep growing.
(b) Critically discuss the objectives and the components of product planning.
5. (a) Discuss the factors that influence the pricing decision of an organization.
(b) What are the components of promotion mix? Discuss the various components of communication.
6. (a) What is channels of distribution? How are channels classified? What are the role of marketing channels nowadays?
(b) What is physical distribution? Discuss the various components of transport mix.
7. Write short notes on :
a) Ecological force
b) Product positioning
d) Inventory control.