Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 Hours
1. Write True or False: 1x8=8
(a) The prime objective of Human Resource Planning is to secure maximum prosperity and happiness of employer as well as employee.
(b) A good human resource development practice motivates the organisational members to do an outstanding work.
(c) Job Evaluation begins with job analysis.
(d) Job analysis is an informal process of gathering information about a job or an organisation.
(e) Competent employees will remain competent always.
(f) Employee selection is the process of attracting capable applicants for employment.
(g) There is no difference between career planning and career counselling.
(h) Compensation management is a continuous process.
2. Distinguish between: 4x4=16
(a) Human resource management and personnel management
(b) Recruitment and Selection
(c) Internal and External sources of recruitment
(d) Career counselling and career management
3. (a) Discuss the importance of human resource management functions in the management of a large manufacturing enterprise. 11
(b) Discuss the evolution and development of Human Resource Management in India.
4. (a) Describe in detail the various problems in designing Human Resource Planning. 11
(b) Discuss the points you have to consider in preparing a Human Resource plan for a large business organisation.
5. (a) Discuss the problems usually faced by an organisation in recruitment process. 11
(b) What do you understand by selection process? Discuss the various steps involved in it.
6. (a) Explain the various methods of training. 11
(b) What do you mean by “Executive Development”? Discuss its importance in a developing country like India.
7. (a) Write an explanatory note on “Compensation Management”. 12
(b) Discuss the financial and non-financial incentives in motivating employees. 6+6=12