Course No.102: Business Laws
For B.Com General and Speciality Courses
Total Marks: 100 (End Sem 80 + IA 20)
Unit-I: Law of contract 1872: Definition and Nature, Essentials of contract, Void and Voidable contract, Consideration, Contingent contract and Quasi contract, Discharge of contract. 20 Marks
Unit-II: Sale of good Act 1930: Definition and Essentials of Contract of Sale, Sale and Agreement to Sale, Goods, Condition and Warranties, Caveat Emptor, Unpaid seller and his right. Consumer protection Act 1986: Features, Definition of consumer, Grievance Redressal Machinery, Definition of complaint, procedure of filing complaint. 20 Marks
Unit-III: Negotiable Act 1881: Definition and Feature, Promissory note, Bill of exchange, Cheque, Crossing of cheque and Type of Crossing. 20 Marks
Unit-IV: Industrial Disputes Act, 1948: Industry and Industrial disputes – workmen, employer, wages, bonus, gratuity, Lockout, Strike, Public Utility Services, Prohibition of strike and lock outs, Layoffs and closure. 20 Marks
Text and Reference Books:
1. Desai T.R.: Indian Contract Act, Sale of Goods Act and Partnership Act; S.C. Sarkar and Sons Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
2. Sing Avtar: The Principles of Mercantile Laws; Eastern Book Company, Licknow.
3. Khergamwala J.S.: The Negotiable Instruments Act, N.M. Tripathi Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai.
4. Kapoor, N.D.: Business Law, Sultan Chand and Sons, New Delhi.
5. Seth: Business Law, Pearson, New Delhi.