Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 Hours
1. Answer as directed: 1x8=8
(a) Human resource is an ____________ factor of business environment. (Fill in the blank)
(b) Mention one drawback of Privatization.
(c) Economic growth always increases welfare. (Write True/ False)
(d) Coexistence of Public sector and Private sector is one of the main features of Indian business environment. (Write True / False)
(e) Write the full form of MRTP.
(f) Mention one objective of IMF.
(g) Write the full form of GATT.
(h) In which year the SEBI was set up?
2. Write short notes on the following: 4x4=16
(a) SWOT analysis
(b) Government of India’s Industrial Policy, 2007 for the North-East India.
(c) Distinctions between money and capital market
(d) Major achievements of the World Bank
3. (a) Explain the micro and macro environment of business. 4+8=12
(b) Discuss the changing dimensions of business environment in India since 1991. 12
4. (a) What is business Cycle? Describe business environment of a country during different phases of a business cycle. 5+6=11
(b) What do you mean by economic environment of business? Explain the elements of economic environment of business. 4+7=11
5. (a) Explain the concept of “Special Economic Zone”. Discuss its advantages and disadvantages. 4+7=11
(b) Discuss the salient features of New Industrial Policy of India, 1991. 11
6. (a) Discuss the main objectives of monetary policy. Explain the role of monetary policy in promoting savings and investment in developing countries. 11
(b) What is meant by monetary policy? Explain the tools of credit control. 2+9=11
7. (a) Explain the concept of “International economic grouping”. Discuss its influence on the economic development of member nations. 4+7=11
(b) Explain the role of World Trade organisation in developing world trade. How has India gained from world trade organization? 7+4=11