Course Code: 204
Time: 3 Hours
Maximum Marks: 80
1. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word or words : 1*8
(a) Functional foremanship was introduced by______.
(b) ‘Father of human relation movement’________.
(c) The motivation theory of Abraham Maslow is known as_____.
(d) ‘PODSCoRB’ was introduce by____.
(e) _______is known as father of MBO technique.
(f) Return on investment (ROI)=______*100
(g) The minimum duration of long term planning is_______.
(h) Time study is a part of______study.
2. Write short notes on any four: 4*4=16
(a) Planning premises
(c) Autocratic leadership
(d) Concept of decision making
(e) Bases of departmentation
3. What are the objective of management? Discuss the scope of management. 5+7=12
‘Fayol is considered as father of modern management theory.’ Discuss the statement. 12
4. What are the fundamental requirements of planning? Discuss the advantages of planning. 5+6=11
What is budget ? Discuss about various types of budget. 2+9=11
5. What is span of management? Discuss the factors which are influential in determining the span of management. 3+8=11
What is military organization? What are its limitations? How it can be made successful? 2+5+4=11
6. Discuss in detail about the various techniques of increasing motivation. 11
What are the importance of leadership in an organization? Discuss the various style of leadership. 3+8=11
7. What are the features of a good control system? Discuss the barriers of control. 11
ORExplain the modern techniques of control which are generally used by management. 11