(General / Speciality)
(Indian Financial System)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1.Choose the correct answer from the following: 1*8=8
(a) The Government of India set up the the Narasingham committee in
(b) International capital market are also called
(1) Euro market
(2) Dollar market
(c) The first development bank in India is
(d) Mutual Fund is an________ concept.
(e) A development bank_______accept deposits from public.
(2) does not
(f) Industrial development bank of india is working____ body.
(2) subsidiary of RBI
(g) The SEBI has been set up to
(i) Protect interest of the investors in company
(ii) Regulate the working of stock broker
(iii) Perform all of the above
(h) Commercial banks are allowed to enter into insurance business by The ____Act of 1999.
2. Write short notes on (any four): 4*4=16
(b) Money market
(c) Secondary market
(e) Function of merchant bank
(f) Liquidity management
3. (a) Discuss the economic reforms taking place during the post-liberalisation period in our country. 14
(b) Discuss the characteristics and function of Indian financial system. 7+7=14
4. (a) Discuss about the regulatory reforms in Indian commercial banking system. 14
(b) Write notes on: 7+7=14
(i) The relationship between commercial bank and reserve bank of India.
(ii) Role of NABARD in rural development
5. (a) Define monetary policy . Discuss the monetary policy of RBI. 4+10=14
(b) Discuss the constitution and management of RBI. 7+7=14
6. (a) Discuss the operations of various mutual fund institutions in India. 14
(b) Enumerate the objectives and functions of SEBI. 7+7=14