(General / Speciality)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 24
Time: 3 hours
(New Course )
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer the following: 1x8=8
a) Mention any one natural component of business environment.
b) What do you mean by inclusive growth?
c) Mention one of the objectives of economic growth.
d) Write one cause of industrial sickness.
e) Mention one advantages of privatization.
f) In which year was the WTO set up?
g) Mention one advantages of SEZ.
h) Write the full form of SAFTA.
2. Write short notes on : 4x4=16
a) Factors of business environment
b) Phases of business cycle
c) Fundamental principles of GATT
d) Impact of globalization on trade and industries.
3. (a) What is SWOT analysis? Discuss the significance and techniques of SWOT analysis. 4+5+5=14
(b) Discuss the changing dimension of business environment in India since 1991. 14
4. (a) What do you mean be economic growth? Explain the main hindrances of economic growth in India. 5+9=14
(b) Discuss the causes of Industrial sickness with reference to North-East India. 14
5. (a) Discuss the salient features of New Industrial Policy of India, 1991. 14
(b) Write a critical note of EXIM policy of India.
6. (a) Explain the concept of ‘international economic grouping’. Discuss its importance on the economic development of India. 4+10=14
(b) Discuss the objectives and functions of IMF. 7+7=14
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
1. Answer as directed: 1x8=8
a. Mention any one of the components of Indian business environment.
b. There is no difference between economic growth and economic development.
(Write True or False)
c. In which year was the WTO set up?
d. Write the full form of SEZ.
e. Capital market deals in short-term / long-term funds.
f. In which year was the International Monetary Fund (IMF) established?
g. Mention market deals in ____ funds. (Fill in the blank)
h. ‘____ draft’ was proposed in the Uruguay Round of GATT. (Fill in the blanks)
2. Write short notes on (any four) : 4x4=16
a) External factors of business environment
b) Business cycle
c) Chief characteristics of New Industrial policy, 1991 of India
d) Differences between capital market and money market
e) International Monetary Fund
3. (a) Explain the concept and significance of business environment. 6+6=12
(b) Discuss in detail the internal factors of business environment.
4. (a) Discuss the causes of industrial sickness with reference to North-East India. 11
(b) What is meant by economic growth? Explain the main hindrances of economic growth of India. 3+8=11
5. (a) Explain the concept of privatization. Discuss its advantages and disadvantages. 3+4+4=11
(b) Describe the salient features of the Government of India’s Latest Industrial Policy for the northeastern region. How far has North-East India been benefited from this industrial policy? 8+3=11
6. (a) What is meant by monetary policy? Discuss the objectives of monetary policy in a developing economy. 3+8=11
(b) Discuss the role of monetary policy in promoting savings and investment in developing countries. 11
7. (a) Discuss the impact of globalization of India trade and industry. 11
(b) Write a note on international business environment. 11