Time: 3 hours
(Small Business Management)
Full Marks: 80
Pass marks: 32
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Write True or False : 1x4=4
(i) Small-scale industries are labour-intensive.
(ii) Small-scale units use local resources.
(iii) Small-scale industries spend heavy amount in advertising.
(iv) Small-scale units lack of resources and knowledge for effective sales promotion.
(b) Fill up the blanks with appropriate words: 1x4=4
(i) Production is meant for _____ of goods. (marketing / consumption)
(ii) Good branding services as a silent _____ (salesman / promoter)
(iii) Management and control of small scale firm is with the _____ (owner / government)
(iv) Reasons behind existence of idle capacity in small-scale enterprise is _____ of working capital (abundance / shortage)
2. Write short notes on (any four) : 4x4=16
(a) Production planning.
(b) Channels of distribution.
(c) Quality control.
(d) Ploughing back of profit.
(e) Sales promotion.
(f) Qualities of salesman
3. (a) Define small business. Explain the different types of small business exist in India. 4+7=11
(b) Critically examine the government policies and programmes influencing small-scale business. 11
4. (a) Discuss the need for and significance of adequate working capital in the successful functioning of small-scale enterprises. 11
(b) Discuss the various financial requirements in a small-scale enterprises.
5. (a) What do you understand by plant location? Explain briefly various factors to be taken into consideration while selecting the location of an industrial unit. 4+7=11
(b) What is technology? Discuss the various schemes initiated by the Government to encourage technology Up gradation in small-scale enterprise in India. 4+7=11
6. (a) Critically examine the marketing problems faced by the small-scale enterprises in North-East India. 11
(b) What is meant by market assessment? Why is it needed for small-scale enterprises? What are the common methods used for market assessment? 4+3+4=11
7. (a) Define industrial sickness with reference to small-scale industry. Enumerate signals and symptoms of industrial sickness. 4+8=12
(b) Explain the concept of capacity utilization with the help of installed capacity and idle capacity. 12