Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. State whether the following statements are True or False: 1x8=8
a) Innate needs are also called secondary needs.
b) Internal search means retrieval of knowledge of memory.
c) Awareness about a particular brand is the first stage in the decision-making process.
d) Complex decision-making is used incase of inferior or regularly purchased products.
e) Reference groups provide points of comparison to evaluate attitudes and behaviour.
f) There is a very close relationship between age and social class.
g) Individual buying behaviour differs from organizational buying behaviour.
h) The pricing costs include psychological as we as monetary costs.
2. Write short notes on (any four): 4x4=16
a) Reference groups.
b) Need recognition.
d) Consumer protection.
3. (a) What do you understand by ‘consumer behaviour’? Explain the importance of understanding consumer behaviour. 4+8=12
(b) Discuss the major factors that influence consumer behaviour. 12
4. (a) Define information processing. Explain the various stages of information processing in consumer behaviour. 4+7=11
(b) Write a comprehensive note on ‘consumer need and motivation’. 11
5. (a) Discuss the socio-cultural factors of consumer behaviour. 11
(b) Analyze the role of family in consumer decision-making.
6. (a) Discuss the psychological factors of consumer behaviour. 11
(b) How the economic circumstances and lifestyle of consumers influence the behaviour of consumer? 5.5+5.5 =11
7. (a) Explain the Howard Sheth model of consumer behaviour. 11
(b) Define organizational buying behaviour. Describe in brief the different steps of organizational buying behaviour. 4+7=11