AHSEC - Previous Year's Question Papers
Banking - 2015
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer as directed : 1x8=8
a) What was the previous name of State Bank of India?
b) Which method is adopted by the Reserve Bank of India for issuing notes?
c) What is Mutual Fund?
d) The IMF came into existence in the year _____. (Fill in the gap)
e) Write the full form of SIDC.
f) Give an example of Negotiable instrument.
g) Governor of RBI is appointed for a period of 4/5/10 years. (Choose the correct answer)
h) What is bank rate?
2. Name any two Central banking functions performed by the State Bank of India. 2
3. What is full reserve system of note issue? 2
4. Name two sub-market of Indian money market. 2
5. Who is collecting banker? 2
6. Define holder under sec-8 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881. 2
7. Briefly explain the agency services rendered by commercial banks. 3
8. State the meaning of Non-Bank Financial Institutions with example. 3
9. Write a brief note about stock exchange. 3
Write a brief note on Money Market.
10. State the conditions for dishonor of cheque. 3
Explain the meaning of the term ‘material alteration’ of cheque with illustrations.
11. State any three differences between promissory note and cheque. 3
Draw a specimen copy of a promissory note.
12. What are the main objectives of International Monetary Fund? 5
13. Explain the five function of State Bank of India. 5
Discuss the main objectives and achievements of bank nationalisation in India
14. Discuss about the institution participating in the Indian Money Market. 5
Discuss the objectives and functions of NABARD.
15. Who is a paying banker? State the precautions of banker should take before paying a cheque? 2+3=5
16. Differentiate between cheque and bank draft. 5
17. Mention five features or characteristics of Indian Capital Market. 5
18. Discuss the functions of Reserve Bank of India as banker for Government and commercial banks. 5
19. Discuss the evolution and growth of commercial banking in India. 8
What is financial market? Mention the name of the various kinds of market. Explain any one of them. 2+2+4=8
20. What is Negotiable Instrument? What are essential characteristics of Negotiable Instrument? 2+6=8
Define Hundi. Discuss the different types of Hundi.
21. What is Lead Bank scheme? State the effects of this scheme. 2+6=8
Discuss the principles of sound lending to be followed by commercial bank. 8
22. What is Central Bank? Discuss the traditional functions of RBI. 2+6=8