Full Marks: 100
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Answer as directed: 1x8=8
a) In which year ‘Central Bank’ in India was established?
b) The ‘Imperial Bank of India Act’ was passed in ____. (Fill in the blank)
c) What is inflation?
d) State the meaning of e-banking.
e) What is Investment Bank?
f) Write the full form of NABARD.
g) All the ATMs are open for 12/18/24 hours. (Choose the correct answer)
h) Explain who is a minor.
2. Give the definition of Bank. 2
3. State the meaning of bank rate. 2
4. What is barter system? 2
5. Mention any two defects of Indigenous Bank. 2
6. Classify bank accounts. 2
7. Give the meaning of overdraft. 3
8. Explain about any three internal departments of a bank. 3
9. What do you mean by Trade Cycle? 3
10. Explain why the Central Bank is called ‘banker’s bank’. 3
11. State the meaning of Insurance of bank deposit. 3
12. Narrate five differences between Cooperative Bank and Commercial Bank. 5
13. Describe the methods of issuing notes by the Central Bank. 5
14. Elaborately discuss about the different types of banks. 5
15. Explain briefly about the main objectives of credit control. 5
16. Write a short note on the different phases of trade cycle. 5
17. Discuss the agency functions of a bank. 5
What are the secondary functions of bank? 5
18. State any two selective credit control techniques adopted by Reserve Bank of India. 5
What are the different types of e-banking services? 5
19. Mention the different types of accounts. Explain the procedure of opening savings account. 2+6=8
What precaution should be taken by a banker while opening account in the name of a married woman? 8
20. Explain the capital and licensing of a Commercial Bank. 4+4=8
21. Mention four Development Banks in India. Explain the main functions of Development Bank. 4+4=8
22. Explain the differences between Investment Bank and Commercial Bank. 8
Write short notes on any two of the following: 8
a) Regional Rural Bank.
c) Foreign exchange.
d) Pass book.