Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 24
1. Fill in the blanks: 1x4=4
a) The prospectus of a company must be issued within ____ days of its registration.
b) The gap between two annual general meetings must, not be more than ____ months.
c) According to Section 165 of the Companies Act, no person can be a director in more than ____ companies.
d) A person may cease to be a member of a company when ____ are issued in exchange of the fully paid-up share.
2. Write True or False: 1x4=4
a) It is compulsory for every company to have its Articles and file the same with Registrar of Company for registration.
b) A member of a company must be a shareholder of the company.
c) Proxies are not to be included while counting the quorum of a meeting of a company.
d) The Maximum number of directors in a public as well as private company is twenty.
3. Write briefly (any four): 4x4=16
a) Statutory Company.
b) Certificate of Incorporation.
c) Purpose of Memorandum of Association.
d) Annual General Meeting.
e) Woman director.
f) Government Company.
4. What do you mean by Articles of Association? Distinguish between Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association. 4+10=14
Explain the legal provisions in relation to prospectus of a company. 14
5. Define member. In what ways may a person become a member of a company? Discuss. 4+10=14
Define Company Secretary. Explain the qualification prescribed for appointment of a company secretary. 2+12=14
6. Discuss the requisites of a valid meeting of a company. 14
When and by whom an extraordinary general meeting be called? Discuss. 6+8=14
7. Discuss briefly the provisions of the Companies Act, regarding the appointment of director in a company. 14
Discuss briefly the modes of winding up of a company. 14
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
1. Write True or False: 1x4=4
a) Private companies are not required to have any Memorandum of Association or Articles of Association.
b) A fixed charge becomes floating charge when a company goes into liquidation.
c) Only one director can be appointed as a Managing Director.
d) Share can be converted to stock but stock cannot be reconverted to share.
2. Fill in the blanks: 1x4=4
a) In case of private company, quorum of general meeting is minimum ____ members personally present.
b) When market price of shares is more than the face value, the difference between the two is called ____.
c) A person appointed to attend and vote on behalf of a member in a company meeting is known as a ____.
d) A person cannot hold office as director at simultaneously in more than ____ companies.
3. Write short notes on (any four): 4x4=16
a) Memorandum of Association.
b) Government Company.
c) Fixed Charge.
d) Alternative Director.
e) Transfer of share.
4. What do you understand by prospectus? Explain the legal provisions in relation to a prospectus. 3+9=12
Discuss in brief the documents to be filed with the Registrar for the registration of a company. 12
5. Discuss the rights of the members in a public limited company. 11
What is share warrant? How does it differ from share certificate? 4+7=11
6. Explain the procedures of registration of charges. 11
Discuss different types of charges. Which charges need compulsory registration? 3+8=11
7. Explain the restriction on commencement of business of a public company having share capital. 11
Discuss the provisions of Company Law regarding annual general meeting. 11
8. Explain the provisions of Company Law regarding the constitution of the Board of Director. 11
Explain the duties of directors in a company. 11