(Small Business Management)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Write True or False: 1x4=4
i. Small enterprises are privately owned and operated business.
ii. The full form of SISIs is small Industries Service Institutes.
iii. Small-scale enterprises are managed by the Central Government.
iv. Working capital means the current asset.
(b) Fill up the blanks with appropriate words: 1x4=4
i. Small-scale industries are suited for creation of ____ (employment/career)
ii. Purchasing branded products give ____ satisfaction to the buyers. (physical/psychological).
iii. Labour-intensive industrial unit require ____ working capital. (less/more)
iv. Life of a product is ____ by product modification. (increased/decreased).
2. Write short notes on (any four):
a) Internal problems of small enterprise.
b) Nature of financial requirement for small enterprise.
d) Market assessment.
e) Capacity utilization.
f) Concept of working capital.
3. (a) Discuss the features of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Act, 2006. 11
(b) Explain the role of small enterprises in the development of a nation. 11
4. (a) What do you mean by plant layout? Discuss the various factors that influence the plant layout. 3+8=11
(b) What is quality control? Explain the various quality control methods that can be used for small enterprise. 3+8=11
5. (a) Discuss briefly the major determinants of working capital requirement of an enterprise. 11
(b) Discuss the various sources available to small-scale business for raising working capital. 11
6. (a) Explain the significance of market segmentation for small-scale enterprises. 11
(b) Discuss the various channels of distribution used in small-scale enterprises.
7. (a) What are the reasons for sickness of most of the small business enterprises in India? What should an entrepreneur do to prevent sickness? 6+6=12
(b) Examine the effects of capacity under-utilization in a small business enterprise. 12