(Indian Financial System)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Fill up the gaps: 1x4=4
a) Under Section ____ of the RBI Act, the RBI issues notes.
b) The bill which does not require any acceptance is called ____.
c) The company which sets up a mutual fund is called ____.
d) Sponsoring commercial bank contributes ____% of the total share capital of the Regional Rural Bank.
(b) Write True or False: 1x4=4
a) Bank deposit is a non-marketable security.
b) Government bond is a long-term security.
c) Certificate of deposit can be issued only by commercial bank.
d) Credit card is a prepaid card.
2. Write short notes on (any four): 4x4=16
a) Liquidity management.
c) Merchant bank.
d) Source of funds of commercial banks.
e) Lead Banking.
f) Clearing function of the RBI.
3. (a) Give an overview of the Indian financial system. 14
(b) Discuss about the major reforms undertaken in the Indian financial system during post-liberalization period. 14
4. (a) Discuss the recent development that have taken place in the activities of commercial banks. What challenges do they face from the private sector banks? 8+6=14
(b) Discuss about the organization and management of RBI.
5. (a) Define money market. Explain the different sub-markets of money market. 4+10=14
(b) What is secondary market? Distinguish between primary market and secondary market. 5+9=14
6. (a) Explain the different types of mutual fund schemes in India. 14
(b) How does SEBI protect the interest of investors? Explain. 14